Pass The Book

Oh dear I am so seriously late in Passing The Book. My excuses are Christmas and... well, I just loved the book!


Don't know what the heck I'm on about? Check out Sian's blog here, then come back and if you fancy being the next receiver of this fabulous book - leave me a comment saying so below. In a weeks time, Sunday 23rd, I'll do a random generator thingy to decide who it goes to next...

The book on offer is Creative Wildfire by L.K Ludwig. An Introduction to Art Journalling - Basics and Beyond.
Now, if you are remotely interested in Art Journalling, learning new techniques, learning how to bind your own books from scratch... this book is for you. It's got something for everyone - from the beginner art journaller to the more experienced. You can see it's influences in my recent January journal page and in my messy paint pot - see, you don't have to use the techniques just for journalling. They can be taken, adapted, have your own twist put on and used on anything!
I can see this as a book that would be one to come back to again and again and again and... you get the picture. I only scratched the surface of some of the techniques - It's definitely going on my 'to buy' list. Chock full of inspiring journals from some amazingly talented artists but not presented in such a way as to be daunting. More as "look at this, don't you love it? Well, this is how you do it."

Have I whetted your appetite enough? Then drop me a comment, the book could be on it's way to you next to read, enjoy, have your mojo sparked before you do a post helping it on it's merry way again :) I'm happy to post internationally.

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, yes please. Please put me on the list. Ta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't put me in the draw, I just wanted to say I have this book and it is Fab! Tons of inspiration and techniques to try. Yes, I am all ready for tomorrow Carmen...went supplies shopping yesterday, going to get up early and do my work so I can at least get a couple of hours in tomorrow! Are you all set to go?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be watching with interest to see where it lands next! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know about the book. I'd love to be considered. I've been admiring art journals for awhile, and they have always seemed way out of my comfort zone. Perhaps this book might make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put my name into the cauldron please Carmen, I could do with this book for a lil spell. Really wanna try some new techniques but not sure where to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this book looks fabulous. I have only dabbled a little with journaling so this book would be such an asset for a beginner like me. Thank you, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neato thing to do! That book looks super information and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh, pick me, me, me, Carmen! This would be the perfect kickstart I need to start art journalling. I've already got the materials, just need the inspiration. This looks perfect.

    (Thanks so much for continuing to pop by, I'm definately on the mend now and will be back crafting shortly...)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is true that many people do not realise how wonderful having a journal can be - and how easy- now I have five on the go all for different reasons, and my altered books are just an extension of the art journalling, and I find myself writing 'how i did it' in the journal too now, so that I can recreate experimental techniques rather than believing it was a fluke and a lucky one off...

    Please Please can Luke and I come and graffiti one of your Stu Stu stu dio walls?

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks really fun. i might go and buy that one too! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, put me in the draw please! I'm a beginner art journaler so I'm sure it would come in handy! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love to read this book...am just starting to dabble in art journaling....and it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for dropping by ..cant wait to get to grips with the machine ... I woder how you will get on with the burning tool.
    RE the cat ...he is fitting in quite well ...a few growls and hisses now he is out of the 'Pleased to meet you' cage ...but no flying fur ....yet. He is called Toto ....photos to follow soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please add me to the draw - sounds very interesting and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carmen, how are you getting on with the course? Can't wait to see what you have created! I am really enjoying it and have made a good start on my canvas. It took me from 10am till 4am to download the first 2 videos though so I didn't bother downloading the art journal one I just watched that one on line! Hope they download quicker tomorrow x x x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...