Yeah! Friday yeah! Last day of school term which means no more freezing cold multiple treks up and down to school each day for a little while! What a great kick start to...
The brain child of Virginia ~ inspiring us all to look past the carpy lollocks and focus on the good stuff once a week.
I missed last week due to my PC just being a complete waste of desk space. BUT the first of my feel good moments is that I am, as of Sunday afternoon, now the proud owner of a new PC tower. Which houses a quad core no less. I say that like I know what it means. I don't. I just know I can now do what I do best which is have a zillion windows and other stuff running and I am zipping around so fast I'm almost giving myself whiplash!
This was supposed to be my one present for Christmas - we've been saving up all year for it - I've been on stash ban since April and am now just about running on empty with quite a lot of things so eldest ratbag Devvie and I have a stash jaunt planned for some point in the new year. The £1 a day savings have been handed over to PC World and we begin again saving up for that... but imagine my surprise when Craig tells me not only will I have a couple of surprise presents under the tree... he doesn't do surprise pressies. He does "tell me what you want and I'll buy it" presents so am excited now already... Yes, not only will there be a couple of surprises but... BUT... how would I feel about him emptying the back room of his unit and turning it into a craft room?
How would I feel?
He has a small 2 room and utility area unit. He would keep the front room and I would have the back one. We would share the utility bit.
1) I help him clean it out. At the moment it houses all his... well, junk is a polite way to put it. Big tools, packing materials, everything gets lobbed in there and it's a state. I help clear it out and he'll build me shelving units etc.
2) I can go down whenever he is there because there's only one key BUT... when the youngest ratbag goes to school of an afternoon I'll have around 2 and a half hours a day to just play. I have to PROMISE when I am there to pretend he isn't there, let him get on with his stuff and I get on with mine *start to laugh manically*
3) I can now get a sewing machine that works and can leave it set up without worrying about little fingers. I can leave stuff out and not have to tidy away all the time, It will be solely my area.
4) Craig gets the dining room back with my just keeping a skeletal craft supply at home, like my pencils and sketchbooks. Obviously my desk will stay but it will be tidy and not covered in towering mountains of wobbly craft supplies, cordoned off with hazard tape.
5) Craig can then start to expand the business because he will be able to go off and leave the unit unlocked while he goes to see other businesses on the estate. Just means buildery types might get a fright when they come in looking for him and find someone caterwauling along to Alice and splashing paint and glitter everywhere.
6) He wants me to use it as a springboard to start selling and he will help me out. He's self-employed so will give me a hand through that side of it. (Or in his words - he wants to pimp my stuff.)
7) It's a 5 minute walk from our house.
8) It's central heated! *sigh*
My one demand was that he wrap up the door in a big Christmassy bow and that I am allowed one, just one occasion when I hear he has a visitor... I get to yell through the interlocking window in my best Harry Enfield/Cathy Burke impression "Young maaaaayun, young maaayun. Would you and your friend like a cup of teaaaa? Ooh young maaayun!" Teehee. Apparently that's a no no. But I might.
Aren't I a lucky girl? When we start clearing it out I'll start taking progress piccies. I'm so excited. I can't decide whether to call it my craft room or declare it an artistes studio.
Next on my Rocking list (yep there's more...) Phoebe and Ruby both doing so well in their Christmas plays. Phoebe's was more a concert type thing and she read a Christmas poem aloud. Ruby's nursery show we worried about - all week she was teary, protesting that she was Ruby NOT Mary. On the day she did get on stage... minus Joseph who was sobbing and so the story was re-narrated as Mary the jilted single Mum... who had a tendency to kick the manger in a sullen sulk... oh joy. It was funny.
Next up - having nearly finished all our pressies. I didn't get as many made this year as hoped - I'm so behind on everything craft related at the mo but it will be different next year. No excuses now eh? But what hasn't been bought now - probably wont get bought. We did stick to our trying to reclaim Christmas. We won a lot, made a fair bit and used a skip load of vouchers that I had earned throughout the year. We'll carry on year on year, I already have so many more ideas for decorations and presents for next year. We're both quite proud with how much thought we have put into peoples pressies this year - tat was off the list. We didn't want to get things that would possibly end up just shoved to the back of the cupboard and I'm hopeful we might have managed it. Of course I could be completely wrong and people will think it's all rubbish but the thought has been there for everyone. It's all more or less wrapped too. Woohoo.
I'm going to wrap up there as this is a bit of an epic post and all text as most of my pictures are still on my old tower... sorry.
So lastly... it's just one week till Christmas! What's Rocking Your World this week?
Thanks for stopping by :)