Monday, 20 December 2010

Matchbox Fairy Swap

I participated in a Matchbox Fairy swap over on UKS recently. The criteria was literally to make a fairy out of anything and house it in a matchbox sized-ish box.

This is what I made for my recipient - she is imaginatively named... Buttons, because... well... that's what she's made of.

Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Matchbox Button Fairy Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Matchbox Button Fairy Her hair is made of purple fibres from the Gauche Alchemy Purple People Eater kit - and her box is decorated with purple tissue paper from the same kit, Scraps of DCWV Once Upon A Time paper and punchinella/sequin waste (on the inside.)

Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Matchbox Button Fairy Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Matchbox Button Fairy She was great fun to make and I must admit I love her to bits. Think it's the buttons, just love playing with them.

This was the gorgeous fairy I got back from my sender - the oh so talented "Kitty Crafts."

Isn't she amazing? She put her in a coffin because she knew I liked 'different' things. All the fairies turned out so unique - I love taking part in these swaps and seeing the different ways people interpret the subject.

Thanks for stopping by :)

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous swap - both fairies are brilliant, unique and fun! I like your idea of using buttons for the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - they are both amazing fairies. What a great swap. Loving the purple people eater kit - have bookmarked for a good nosy later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant swap - I love your fairy and am not surprised you're going to make one for yurself. I will have to check out some of these swaps next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool swap. I love the button fairy you made, so cute and the one you received was pretty fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I wish I'd seen this Carmen. Amazingly cool swap idea. I love Buttons and the fairy you received is awesome! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are gorgeous - you are both very clever with the fiddly!! The buttons are an inspired choice Carmen, love the idea...would make great tree decs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. They are both beautiful. I wouldn't have known where to start. I don't know which I like the most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your button fairy, she is sooo cute!! That gothic fairy that you received is amazing aswell x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute! Love your button fairy! I should go whip one up...I've loads of buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dinkily gorgeous fairies they are both amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute! and tiny! also love coffin fairy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cool swap! I hope they do another one - I could go for something like this. You should def. make another button fairy - she has a little touch of the Coralines about her I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh they are both so darling!

    Good job I didn't get involved in any secret santas this year.. dread to think what my recipients wouldd have got lol

    lovely, lovely, lovely... you is great artiste innit xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWOW How cool is the fairy and love the coffin. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...