Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Happy Clappy WOYWW!

I'm afraid I don't have a piccie of my desk to show you today. It's so boring at the moment - just covered in piles and piles of books and Christmas stuff, I'm trying to make it look at least a little bit less shambolic before Christmas day - don't know who I'm trying to kid.

I do however have...

*pause for dramatic effect*

*Cue fanfare*

The 'before' pics of what will be my stu-stu-studio! (No I will never tire of chanting that in my head!)

To give you an idea of the scale/size of the place, that black desk in the right hand corner is 6 foot long... it is black honest Guv - it's just covered in 6 inches of dust at the mo!

This is the window that Craig reckons he is boarding up - for you see, it opens up into his office ;) Whereas I'm thinking he knows I'm a tea addict and will keep him well supplied so the boarding up will never happen.

As you can see - LOTS of work in the New Year but I still get very excited whenever I see it! I'm well impressed how light it is in there too considering there are no actual windows to the outside. I'm looking at that as no distractions. But indeed it is very light in there.

What do you reckon? Nice sized space methinks. Am going to go from cramped up in the dining room to a whole mahoosive room of my own! Woohoo!

Right, am running late tonight so will get the dinner on the go (tummy is a rumbling!) and then will be popping by your desks. Want to play along? Then surrender your soul to our esteemed leader Julia, just remember to leave a linky so we can all find you .

A very Merry Christmas to all WOYWWers... The regular rabble will get a Merry Christmas later.

Thanks for stopping by :)

*Editing to add* The room is in the unit that Craig rents. It's literally a 5 minute walk from our house - and yes Craig hopes this is the push I need to start selling - he is self employed himself so can help me with that side of things. It's a confidence thing really - I've been using the lack of space as an excuse.

26 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' your space! so jealous I want a big room:( looks like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new room. Is it in the house or away from the house? Are you going into business?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing and I am so jealous!! Imagine all the ways you could decorate it and all the space you have for making things and ooooh I'm excited for you lol. As Vivienne said, you could totally go into business. Keep us posted xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your new space :-0
    Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and hoping 2011 brings you all you wish yourselves.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it will be so fantastic! Have a totally wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really glad you edited to add where it's at, cause I was thinking if you had all that space available all along why the heck weren't you using it????

    Have a wonderful Christmas
    Hugs
    Brenda 45

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thrilled for you Carmen - it looks ticketyboo to me even though its not ready yet!
    Have a wonderful Christmas - and I think you oughta get a special something for that man of yours this year! x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lucky you! That space looks huge. Looking forward to seeing the final room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's huuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeee!

    And it looks pretty bright too, which will be great for crafting. I want to bounce up and down with excitement, so I don't know how you are containing yourself...

    Wishing you a fantastic time in your new space, and lots of self-belief and confidence for the new venture. Happy New Workspace!

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you getting a space of your own. Sounds ideal. You are going to have a good time getting it all ship shape and ready to use. I can't wait to see pics of how it turns out.

    Wishing you a very blessed and merry Christmas my dear, dear friend. I wish I could jump the big pond that separates us to give you a 'ole motherly hug. It is pure joy reading your happy blog posts - you always make me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to love your own studio! Can't wait to see it finished. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness it is huge it's a studio. You lucky gal, no stopping you now. All the best in the new year.
    Sandra #81

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lucky to get a dedicated crafting space..

    Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy Holidays and creative crafting in the New Year.

    Hugs, Marjo #5

    ReplyDelete
  14. the space looks amazing - can't wait to see it in action - good on Craig to give you the impetus to break into the self employed market! If I don't speak to you before have a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can just picture how I would set up the room, how much fun you will have. Hope you wont' have to wait toooo long. You will have to send progress pics so we can all have fun watching it come together. Have a great Christmas, Blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the space! Thank you for sharing.:)

    Do you know about my blog candy? Pop over and join...

    http://maggiescraft.blogspot.com/2010/11/woyww-blog-candy.html

    Merry Christmas!

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks fantastic Carmen!

    A very merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so, sooo exciting! Once it's pristine u will be cranking out those lovely projects.... *smile* Happy Holidays and thx for popping by....
    #33

    ReplyDelete
  19. PS have u read "The Host" by the one and only Stephenie Meyer yet? I'm about to finish it and love it!
    *smile*
    #33

    ReplyDelete
  20. This room is so spacious. I am already decorating it in my mind. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Good luck if you decide to be brave and venture out into a business. Just take a leap of faith and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The space looks great Carmen, cant wait to see it when its done! No excuses now for selling your wares! Wishing you the happiest xmas ever with bright blessings to you and yours! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh i bet you cant wait to get into and start filling up your new space, hope its finished sooner rather than later for you. Look forward to seeing it complete :D
    Wishing you Happy Christmas :D
    Minxy #4

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that looks the perfect crafty space, light, airy and spacious!! Also love Alice the Angel for your black tree.... was only laying in bed the other night and thinking a black tree with just clear ornaments would look pretty cool!!
    Merry Christmas to You and Yours Carmen, hope you have a good one! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow love you space - the colour green of jealousy so suits me lol - Hope you get it all straigt soon and can get crafty in there ~ Nicky 52

    ReplyDelete
  25. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO You're studio is MAHOOOOOOSIVE and I'm ridiculously jealous. I'm so excited and pleased for you hun. Just think this could be the first step to doing this full time and getting paid to play all day!!!!! GO CARMEN!!!!
    Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...