What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday.

Chaos Mainly! And... more Chaos. Morning WOYWWers and anybody else who has happened by.

I'll try to keep it brief today - I know you've a lot of desks to see. Just going to mention anything I think you might ask about...The hand print paper is actually a mouse mat - a freebie from one of the baby food companies.

The diary looking thing is in fact... a diary! Never thought I would have to keep one but I'm finding I do and it is helping my scatterbrain. I've only forgotten one thing this week. Amazing! Although Craig wasn't to impressed when he asked if I could pick him up from a bird show at the end of this month - so I checked the diary! Ahahaha! He's wondering what else he'll have to schedule! Thinking about it - when I was single, my flat used to be wallpapered with post-it notes. I don't know why I got out of the habit of prompting myself to remember things!

The sketch book is indeed a sketch book - I've been practising facial features for the Suzi Blu class I'm doing. Talking of which - the CD holder is my attempt to back up the class - my PC isn't playing nice and am worried I will lose everything. I'm awaiting a USB stick to arrive so I can back up all my photos and documents too. I fear my dinosaur will soon stutter it's last crash notice.

What else... Chopping boards, for the class again and a top tip from Doone. Cheapy cheap from Ikea so they are in preparation for when my tub of Gesso arrives. The paint brushes were a cheapy cheap bargain buy too. (Can you guess where I went at the weekend??)

You might be able to spot some Quorn packaging - they have an offer for a recipe book when you have two codes, I was ordering one of those last night...

Anything else - please shout.

Some of you have mentioned over past weeks the wire bird on my shelf:It's a custom made present I bought for Craig a couple of Christmases ago. Sparkflight on Etsy can sculpt almost anything out of wire and she did this from a photo of one of Craig's actual pigeons. The ring on its leg is one of his rings. Don't know if you can see in the picture but she's even signed and dated in wire.He loved it as do I and I've told him - if he ever boogers off he can take the dogs... maybe even the kids but pidgie stays!

The project some of you were wondering about last week was a challenge item for Gauche Alchemy/Sketchy Thursdays. "Zombie Mother" The Challenge is still running so if you'd like to win the new Gauche Alchemy kit, take a peep here.

Oh yeah, Hugh? He's just there to make this visit more interesting for Donna and Gail. Enjoy girls!

Thanks for stopping by everyone, if you want to play along then get your bum over to our all seeing, all knowing leader: Julia, link up, stand back and prepare to be bombarded.

Get the kettle on - I'm on my way!

p.s - Apologies, guess I just can't do short posts!

31 comments:

  1. hugh Jackman, hugh Jackman, Hugh jackman - what are you blithering about - leave me alone _ i'm waiting for the towel to fall...

    dX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brief!!! Oh my giddy aunt ... I need a lay down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bird is stunning..Etsy comes up trumps again then. I've been meaning to ask you, did you get your ragdoll?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab birdy, love the desk Carmen
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you explain what else is on the desk coz my eyes didnt see owt but Hugh, mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that wire bird is really fab.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wire pidgie. Sorry I blamed you for making me buy a stamp, I take it back, honest!
    Enjoyed the look round your desk (well, Hugh anyhow) today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm mmm mmm Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!

    C'mon towel, fall off and show us that Hugh Jackman ;) ... not that I've every heard it called an Ackman before, but mmmm hehehe

    I actually shared mine this week... cos I have stuff going on...go me!

    Thanks for Hugh... um is that STILL my Alice CD on there? Is it not in the post yet?

    *sigh*

    :P

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wire pigeon. Lots on your desk as well.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking at your desk them I got distacted by your screen saver...............drool..hot hot hot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the wire bird, and glad to see another "productive" desk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Desk what desk, all I can see is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!! I need a coffee and a seat now!!! Could you maybe photoshop the towel off next time please? :) Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bird. Glad you would take it over the dogs and kids. That's my kind of preference (Just joking, of course).

    Glad you got your act in gear and made it earlier this week. However, I've been here so long, I now must take a break from the computer. That puts all other WOYWWers at risk of me missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that wire pidgeon, it's fabulous. Happy WOYWW Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry, no idea what is on your desk... other than the screensaver.... drooool

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the birdy but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mr jackman omm nom nom nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh! That birdy is fantastic! Loving your busy desk as ever :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the wire bird and what a fantastic gift idea. Will have to store that one for a later date. I'm like you I have to write down all my actions, think my brain is shrinking as I get older. Love the desk pics but the image on the computer wins hands down. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab Chaos, Fab Pigeon and a fab not so brief post.......LOL!!

    A.xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzi Blu eh? Recognise the eye class. I was lucky in that I met her in person last January. Good luck with the course.
    Love that wire sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your notebook, I am a bit late this week, fab workspace, Happy WOYWW, Thank you for showing us your workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of great stuff there - your pigeon is brill!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the bird.
    I've found that since I started to use the calendar on my Windows Mail, my computer sends me messages to remind me of things... it's helped to sort me out enormously!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  24. grr my internet is really driving me mad tonight, keep typing my comments then it fails, so grrrr. . anyway yo ucan prob hear my grrrr's as I am in Maidstone, so we must be fairly close, love yur pigeon hope your OH is as inventive with your gifts. . and you must get Craft Stamper its full of original projects and techniques

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great interesting, fun late snoop! thanks for sharing. I think you should send the pigeon to me to see if it's good at homing!! I bet it wouldn't be!
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the pidgie and you're quite right to covet it. I think you should put it in your will!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yeah, I could so easily get all teenager-y about HJ, he's a charm. I've seen it before but I do love the pigeon sculpture, how amazing. Love that the diary is a help. I've been trying to use the diary on my phone, but it doesn't work for me, I'm a paper gal, to the bone. Ohh, backing things up...I must copy that too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fantastic wired pigeon and such a full desk :)
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's me again.
    Speaking of potty training... Have you got a Potette Plus potty?
    They're brilliant. It's a both big toilet seat plus a travelling potty with plastic bag inserts, which have a lining which, like a nappy can absorb any deposits and then you can just tie it up and throw it away!
    Look it up online, they sell them on Toys R Us and loads of other places!
    I think they're great!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...