Brain Pie Anyone?

Gauche Alchemy is Sponsoring Sketchy Thursdays this month and the prize for one lucky winner will be the newest GA kit; Nature Calls. There be butterflies and bugs galore - I want it! I want it! I want it! I used the Paper Napkin Art Kit, some Ouchless Cardboard and some bits from Banana Hammock, Black Out and Pink Parts Mixed Media Color Kits along with a load of acrylic paint, some loo roll and mud (the mud was accidental but I liked the effect) to create...

Zombie Motherrrrrr
Now, I promise, hand on heart, my intention was to try and do 50's cute kitsch with this. And... well... There was a Glossy Accents incident so I turned the lovely Mum into a zombie to cover it up. As you do. It all kinda spiralled from there.  My theme is: "Feeling down after becoming part of the legion of undead? Cheer yourself up with some brain pie! Everyone loves a bit of pie! Mmmmm. Brains!"

If you want to play along and be in with the chance to win then toddle along to Sketchy Thursdays or Gauche Alchemy - sod it, go see both, I insist - they both have the required sketch and lots of DT inspiration. Remember to link up your creation to the ST blog. If you don't - you will not, never, no how, win the goodies 'k?

Thanks for stopping by as always lovely people :)

10 comments:

  1. ....nature calls for me almost all day every day lol...

    Oooh good save there, girlie :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon - tell your Mom she swears too much,

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I lurve your "accidents" - if only mine were as sucessful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - how come your accidents turn out so good looking?! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carmen-love the card-think you need to give Julia some grunge lessons.I wore the badge prominently(well it is rather prominent)and will be off back-possibly wearing it-tomorrow to check out the knitting and jewellery making stuff.Hugs BettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, totally you! Where do you come up with your ideas?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buttons...not entirely sure what I did.

    I followed this tutorial

    http://blo64rt.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-add-menubar.html

    as that is the place i get my bacckgrounds. I used her redy made button, opened it in an editing programme to add the text then saved as a jpg on my laptop.

    next i uploaded the 4 jpgs into a really old blog post.

    finally I added the html into my blog design, using the link to the individual pages coupled with the link to the jpg.

    Hope that helps, think I just confused myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! so creepy and cool! the textured background is to die for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sketchy Thursdays and Gauche? UNHOLY ALLIANCE! /:) Love this project!!! I finally see the goo drip punch put to good use!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...