Wednesday, 14 July 2010

WOYWW?

Quickie from me today to show you my shambles of a desk. Wouldn't mind if it was creative mess but no - it's just mess.Yes Alice, it makes me feel like that too, just looking at it! Ahahaha!

Actually I am pretty pleased with some things on it. See that green bucket thing there? That was my bargain of the week in Aldi. It's actually a children's gardening set but it was minus the trowel and spade so was reduced to £1.99 - it still had a little metal bucket and some gloves inside. I've wanted one of those desk tidy tote bags for ages to store all my glues etc - wont this be just perfect?

The jiffy contains a lovely card and present from my gorgeous Gail, it's staying in the jiffy till I get a bit more sorted so that it doesn't get ruined. The little pile of postcards underneath the jiffy and journal were nabbed from the cinema this week. Am always looking for little note-cards to slip in with the things I send off and these were really cool ones. Some Lion King, Avenue Q (very funny ones spoofing Michael Jackson & Dirty Dancing) and those top ones are advertising Linger - a new book with a gorgeous cover. I'll be definitely checking out the postcard stand again the next time I go to the cinema... went on a girly trip with my eldest to see Eclipse if you are interested. She loved it - well, she loved the near nekked Jacob anyway! Me? Exploding crystal vampires, not much blood, wooden acting... lovey shmoveyness... meh! *ducks for cover and hides* It certainly was lacking a tall broody Bill that's for sure. Am afraid I just don't get the Robert Pattinson/Taylor Lautner thing at all... at all.

Apologies for my grainy photo this week folks. Didn't want to miss another WOYWW so have taken this Tuesday night and am scheduling it to post. Hopefully if all has gone to plan then today Craig's deliveries will arrive on time, we'll deliver it all and hopefully be catching what's left of the Hobbycraft sale (need paint brushes) and releasing the pidgies this afternoon. I'll catch up with you all later today!

Have a good 'un and if you fancy a nose at some more deskeramas then elbow your way through the melee at Julia's and slap your name on Mr Linkies backside so we can all find you... and I've seen other people ask so am going to be cheeky and say, if I'm not linked up when you drop by,  please would someone link me up with Julia? I wouldn't ask but... well, you know - have been on a stash ban since April and for OH to agree straight away to a trip to Hobbycraft (his idea of all forms of torture)... well, what can you say but "where's the car keys?" ;) Thank you!

33 comments:

  1. The little gardening tote is perfect! and what a bargin!!!!! It's very similar to my smallest one that I got from Tesco (for a far bit more I might add). I jusy started watching season 3!!!!! it's looking Good!!!! Eric is Yummmmmmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see your desk back again! Have a great trip to Hobbycraft, I don't have one near me (just as well, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely messy desk, just how I like 'em... how come you have a photo of me on there...you know, what I look like first thing on a morning ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great desk but I got side tracked by the cute man on your side bar from True Blood lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be proud of that tote, too, especially for the reduced price. It will be fabulous on your desk with all its little compartments. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mess yes but it sounds to be pretty organised mess :-) Hope the trip to Hobbycraft is successful :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wot a bargain ,dont you just love em especialy when everything doesnt go to waste.love the messy desk.have great time at hobby craft go wild .
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad to see you back - went to see Shrek 4 3D en masse - we laughed till we cried and that was just at us all in the odd glasses - its the best place to pickup freepostcard art... hope the birdies do you both proud and do tell of the wonders of the bargain shopping - let me know if there is any reduced price rowan wools (please?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and fab price on the green gardening set.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely tote, and to such a bargain =). wonder when the shop keepers will realize why some women buy the weirdest things =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That green bucket thing you got is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love bargains.. .so I'm proud of your's. Thanks for your interesting tour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carmen

    enjoy your trip to hobbycraft :O) I wish I lived closer to one lol

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great bargain tote - great idea. Am totally with you on Eclispe - acting? and also, why does everyone think they're the best looking young men in the world..I cannot see it. Age probably!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, I love the picture that shows how you feel about your desk this week!
    ** Evi **

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm feeling pretty virtuous seeing this desk - having just tidied mine! Great desk tidy Carmen and such a zingy colour - that will inspire you no doubt! x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am with you ... the film really does n't do the book justice and RP???? I mean!!! Really??? He looks like a school boy!!! I am ducking now too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely mess on your desk - nice snoop and very interesting post! I just love your style...I can't really decide on Pattison and this whole emo scene....I am an old rocker so I guess pale boys don't do much for me ha, ha....
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great bargain for that little tote, if it said craft on it would be 3 times the price LOL. Is that a heart on the right hand side on that painted piece, looks yummy anyway. Great snoop today, thanks. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bill who? Who is that bloke on your side bar!!! (I truly don't know who he is, I'm not fooling!). Stash buying?? Never, I wouldn't do a thing like that.... ahem! Enjoy your trip out, hope you get to mooch down every aisle!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. great idea with thegarden tote, love the Alice picture

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Carmen
    i feel like that piccie after my course! lol, lovely tote bag, have good shop at Hoobycraft, have good day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yep ..thats a mess ...but a fun one. I haven't WOYWW today ... still no and I actually thought it was Tuesday lol but I thought Id pop by a few feiends over the next few days xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always collect the postcards from the cinema too, I have a stack about 4 inches thick....and that is after I gave another stack away which was the same thickness lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am sure its just a very creatively messy desk!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great bargain and great snoop this week!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry Hunnie missed your comment ages ago about a bunnie - I'm donating the left over bunnies to Darcy's charity thing, but as luck would have it I forgot to post them last week - so they can be unpacked and I can donate one to you as a worthy cause - do you want teenager - random grab from the bag - or a cute white thing? in return would you make a small donation to Darcy's man's charity?
    thanks for checking out the rowan - I'll keep my eye on angel yarns dot com ( or is co .uk?) they practically give end of line stuff away...
    Dx

    - oh and email me a postal address box/ and if the rabbit doesn't appear in 5 days remind this pillock to check the mail table for unsent packages.....

    ReplyDelete
  28. just saw the cartoon down below and this old lady wet herself laughing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great desk.. mess is GOOD!! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  30. I had to laugh aloud when I saw the 'exasperated face'.
    That sums it up sometimes!
    I love your messy space, and I REALLY love the book background on this blog!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Isn't Aldi great for a bargain?! Great idea about the postcards - will nick that ;o)
    I went to see Eclipse too this week - felt about 70 years old with all those teeny boppers in there! Must admit I can see the appeal with the two boys but can see the appeal in Bill too! Have you ever tried the Lynsay Sands books - not ground breaking literature but just as, err, adult, as True Blood! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great bargain with the green bucket. Agree Bill is much foxier than Edward, yum ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...