Wednesday, 9 June 2010

WOYWW

Good morning WOYWWers :)

Yes! I do not have a tidy desk today! Thanks to the Creativity Boot Camp which started on Sunday I am doing a wee bit of arting every day. I'm not managing to get a piece finished every day what with time (or lack of) and having chosen paint as my medium... I'm not getting things dried but am loving the process and dabbling in a little something every day. I'll do another post later with what I've done so far... it might have dried by then!!

This is my desk today... The felt pens are left over from the littlest monster having a play - the rest is me. I was playing with my watercolour crayons last night and today I've been going round the outlines with my pens.

Don't forget - if you want to have a play along with the weekly phenomenon that is WOYWW make sure to link up with Julia so we can all find you.

I had a lovely surprise the other day. Look at this gorgeous reversible bag that arrived in the post. LL Jan made and sent it just for lil ol' me!
Look at Devon, thinking just because she's modelled for me that she can sneak my bag away before I'll notice! Hyuh right!

I am constantly surprised by the loveliness and generosity of people I have met through Blogland. Or in this case the person I met through a person I met on Blogland... did that make sense??  I met LL Jan (the LL stands for Lunch Lady and she makes the best chilli ever!) through Julia at one of the 2 Scrap Ladies events and she has been a constant cheerleader in my weight loss and an all round fabulous person that I'm lucky to have met. I still can't believe she did this and I love it to pieces, it will definitely get loads of love and use. And no - Devon you ain't getting it! Thank you Jan - and thank you Julia for having the best friends!

Right, quick cup of tea, then some work, a pigeon release and then I'll be back for a desk hop. Shall we say, oooh, lunchtime? Get the kettle on!

32 comments:

  1. ooooo the bag is rahter delicious i agree with Devon and would sneek it away all for me hahahahahahah lookin forward to see your crafty wrk, i havnt done any for yonks, although i am in the middle of decorating a thought box with Alfie for when he starts nursery in september! not quite artistic chuck and cover with alfie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh the bag is gorgeous - I want one, I've joined in the WOYWW - managing to link myself at about number 50 - not sure how many desks I'll manage to hit LOL but you're going to need a cuppa for mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to receive that lovely gift!
    I've resisited joining WOYWW because of the time it takes to visit everyone - as in - I don't have it! (I only visit you, Ginnie and Ann if she joins in.) x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy desk this week, hope you get everything finished. Love the bag!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmen, loving the bag! It does suit Devon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are getting some crafting in every day - way to do. Love that bag.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to have you back among us, the bag is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do, you're right, know the very best people. Cream off themilk, you lot. What's the pattern on your desk for/gonna be..am intrigued. Love tha tyou're patient enough to use paint and don't mind not starting and finishing in one session. Such a skill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am trying to make out what is on your desk .... that is one striking bag ...not sure about the skulls ...they are skulls aren't they?? .... I really need new glasses lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab bag! Thanks for the nosey on your desk! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg omg omg, that bag is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Your one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bag, tis divine... as for the desk Mrs, mess? What mess?? LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's a fantastic bag you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Intrigued with what you have going on,on your desk...love that bag, I have a bag made with that exact fabric, that I was lucky to receive from an online friend in America.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bag... I can see why Devon wants to make off with it! I am following the Creativity Boot Camp too. What with work and everything I have managed a total of one so far, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find it difficult to do all I want and I'm retired - my time management skills were never good!
    Lovely bag :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is that an elephant you've coloured or have I lost the plot totally? LOL!
    Such a gorgeous bag, but judging by your daughter's expression I think you may lose it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great bag. is that Elmer on your table?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the bag Carmen you are a lucky girl! I am also intrigued by the pattern on your desk..is it one of your CBC projects??? Totally apt word prompt for you today 'heavy metal'... will it include Alice Cooper I wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! your new bag rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super bag - lucky girl, but your desk is not nearly convincingly untidy ... YET!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to seeing all your makes with the paint. A very creative desk today and I love that bag, think I would try and nab it too if I was your daughter LOL. Have a good Wednesday, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh that is one brilliant bag hun love it hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your bag. I aim to do at least 20 minute crafting every day [on top of the sewing].
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  25. come on!!!!! can't wait to see your Boot Camp makings :) Also can't get over how grown up Devon looks!!!!!!! loving the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous bag ... but where are your boot camp makings??? Of course you could put the bag well out of Devon's reach ... like round mine or something :0)

    ReplyDelete
  27. love love love the bag xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lucky you love the bag.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hiya Carmen

    Wow your bag is gorgeous :O)

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous bag - what pattern is it on the reverse?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry I'm late! This woyww lasts all week!! Love love love the bag!! and, sorry (again) but you do have a tidy desk! Wish I could be tidy! Love what you're doing, but can't quite see what it is, but it's sooo colourful it WILL be gorgeous!! have a crafty day
    (Lyn)
    Ps...my pic ...it had just fallen out of some 'stuff' I moved! Yes I did it about a trillion years ago, it's a place in the middle of nowhere (tip of Scotland) on the way to the 'hut' we stayed in!
    (lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Like the bag, you must agree, it does suit Devon! lol, can't blame her for wanting it

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend

    hugs Can x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...