Monday, 28 June 2010

30 Day Journal Challenge ~ Prompt 1

I've been seeing the 30 Day Journal Challenge popping up all over Blogland lately. It's already a good few days in but I thought I'd give it a go over the weekend. The first prompt was to do a full page design introducing yourself, including things that you like. This was mine:I found this much harder than I thought I would. I love doodling as a rule. No problems with it over scrapbook pages, in little corners of books... Fill a page? Blimey, this took me ages and as you can see there is still a fair old chunk of white space there. I may add to it as I think of more things. The three angels are my girls, the stars are because I just love the shape, I'm going to do a couple of skulls but my first attempts were disastrous.  Am undecided whether to continue with the whole challenge. I may dip in and out of it. I do want a journal about me - this will sound morbid but I truly don't mean it that way... I want it for my girls when I'm gone. Don't panic, nothing wrong with me. But when us sisters read some of my Mum's diaries after she passed away we found out so much more about her, about the woman as opposed to 'just' the Mum that we knew if that makes sense. I'd love my girls to have that insight into me.

If nothing else it finally got me started on this notebook my sister gave me a couple of Christmases ago - I've been to scared to use it in case I ruined it. This signature page is now the first page.I tell you what though, I already admired people who do zendoodling/zentangling but now, wow I'm really in awe. Check out Angie and Kay to see what I mean!

Thank you as always for stopping by :)

14 comments:

  1. Think you've made a great start - and I think it's a lovely idea, to leave a legacy for your girls.
    That book your sister gave you is beautiful - but you won't ruin it if this is anything to go by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great first page Carmen, I love the angels and the stack of books you like.It is a beautiful start to that amazing journal.( I just bought a purple leather journal with a fairy on it in Glastonbury!) I have just dipped in and out of 30 day journal too, just doing the ones that interest me. Cant wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking fab as usual & a lovely idea to leave for your girls, that is part of my thought behind my scrapbooking, something for the kids when I'm gone, just need to make sure I do a few more "Me" pages to it.

    That notebook is beautiful, love the creased leather on it & the lock. Fabulous front page you've done for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitelt worth doing something to leave behind Carmen, even if you aren't planning on going anywhere for a long time yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE your page .... funny thing is that although I Zentangle I am in awe of what you did ... far more artistic ....mine just grows but yours is like little drawings .... brilliant... and yes I agree about a keepsake for the girls and using the promps to suit you ...Take Care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a fantastic job and I love your thoughts on creating a memory book for your girls. There will be so many things in it that they will learn about you. Like how clever, witty, loving, and creative you were. They will absolutely treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a journal - blooming heck tho' the pages will have something to live up to that cover will they not? I am altering a book for my two boys - they both asked me to 'put my stories' in it for them - the history of me , so the tales don't get lost when I am gone, these challenge things are odd aren't they - as soon as I'm not enjoying it anymore, or the challenge is not helping me learn or develop I tend to lose interest, but I do love coming back months later to half finished things and a quick glance gets me all inspired to actually do something with the first attempt, I also have a white page tactic - dump loads of stuff on top till I can't see white and the expose just a bit and start there, if there's too much white I freeze - 00 - scared rabbit eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. i found you this morning while zipping around blogs, sipping tea. what a lovely journal that is! i don't know if i love that bio page or the journal itself better. both are pretty amazing. i loved how you drew the spines of books and added genres to them. clever.
    enjoy this day, you creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the books on the right hand side. That is so you. The book your sister gave you is awesome. I do think we should keep things like this to pass down to our children so they get to know us better.

    You asked me the other day about a Daphne Du Maurier biography. I believe it is the one by Justine Picardie and yes you have guessed it - I already have it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carmen this is lovely! It's not a doodle, it's a piece of art and it's amazing. Your girls will love it and no, it's not morbid at all. I really love that journal your sister got you, it's totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carmen I love to be of help LOL LOL not but honest I love your page and the story it tell´s, and the idea of leaving this for your daughters is something so sweet, I had not thought of that lol I only think of me lol (not true but........)
    Your notebook is awesome, and with this use of it you will not destroy it - no way my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's a great idea doing this journal about yourself for your girls to read (in a looooooooooooong time)I adore your first page and it is so you even without your name I would have picked this out as yours :)
    guess where Sam and I are going on Friday night at 12.05am????????? CINEWORLD!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for visiting woyww - are you terribly busy? I missed not having an entry from you in a while -

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! It looks great. I love doing these things!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...