Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Prepare To Be Jealous...

Loooookee, look, look what the postman handed over yesterday. Virginia had told me she'd been working on a birthday present for lil ol' me. She didn't warn me that it would make me blub!

Imagine my surprise when I opened up my parcel to find this beautiful altered book. In the words of Virginia herself, she "mixed Disney with Tim Burton, the original book, Sir John Tenniel illustrations and not just a little bit of Alice Cooper."


Prepare for lots of piccies, my (lack of) photography skills do not do it justice one little bit, I've washed out the gorgeous rich colours again... Virginia took some MUCH better ones before she posted, please go see :) 
The front cover... oooh!


The caterpillar... and is that Alice peeking over... or is it Alice?

Love the Alicified Rabbit *g*

I now own some of Virginia's signature tattooed ladies *yay*
The back cover.
Isn't it glorious? What I haven't managed to capture in these pictures is the amount of layers that have gone into every page - the textures are so lush and strokable. Alice lyrics will never be so brilliantly used EVER again. I can't even begin to imagine how long this must have taken. Can you believe that Virginia says this is her first altered book??

Thank you Virginia, I will treasure it forever.

Can't believe it's mine, all mine, all MINE! Mwaahaaahaahaar!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen saw this book before it winged it,s way to you and my dear Daughter has done a fantastic job I am so pleased that you liked it I know for her it was a pure labour of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous and how oh so clever! What a work of art and friendship. And here am I didn't even know it was your birthday. Happy returns Carmen, am totally sure that Virginia has made your year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Its fabulous. What a gift, you are one very lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a present! I have scrolled up and down several times to have a really good look. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow fab pressie you are one lucky lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is absolutely amazing - You are so lucky!!
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes, that is amazing! Congrats, that is an awesome present! Go Virginia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! She should get it published. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! The title of your post is sooo appropriate! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello you - glad you like it hun - I've put the photos my hubby took of the book before I sent it on my blog as I know what a nightmare it was to photograph! It's funny because this is why I haven't managed to put a lot on my blog recently because I was trying to keep it a secret - it's so lovely to be able to share it!

    Hope you're having a great evening

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabulous pressie!!! and so you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is fabulous. She really put a lot of work into it. Nice present for an Alice girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's so beautiful Carmen, what a fantastic, thoughtful present.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness that is just grand! you lucky lady you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK - I'm offically jealous, green with envy... blah blah blah!!! It's truly stunning. What an awesome gift and awesome friend for not only making it, but being generous enough to let it go.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing. Truley. Wow, I was just going pop in and say hi and I will have your package out this week, but Im afarid it wont compare to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG that is fantastic!!! The Tim Burton images look amazing Aliced. What a book - I'm so jealous! Bet you can't put it down. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW she actually gave that to you ?
    Bet you look at it and see something new every time you look at it x
    Lucky lady xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Finally popped over from Virginia's - she keeps mentioning her bloggy friend Carmen and I knew she was making this (absolutely gorgeous!) gift for you! How special you must feel knowing that she created this for you with such a personal slant (Alice in Cooper Wonderland!!) x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That must have taken forever to make, how fantastic. I am v.v.jealous. I can't believe it's a first attempt too !! Lucky lady.
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...