Five Little Duckies Went Swimming One Day...

...over the hills and far, far away.

Eagle eyed Julia spotted the Duck invasion on my desk on Wednesday. I was making one for someone who is becoming a very dear friend to me and just wanted to show her. I also added the 'believe' heart as this is what she needs to do in herself and realise that other people are not just being nice but do actually believe in her and her creations.Carmen Wing - Whoopidooings - Altered Rubber DuckCarmen Wing - Whoopidooings - Altered Rubber Duck
I can only show you two of the other four duckies as I was getting close on time and sent two to their new home before I took a piccie. They were all heart themed Love Duckies. Two were for Debbie's charity crop in aid of the St Peters Hospice in her area and they were the two I didn't photo.

These two are for LissyLou who is doing a charity craft sale for the British Heart Foundation. Take a look if you think you can send something heart themed - her sale is on the 26th February so still plenty of time to post.Carmen Wing - Whoopidooings - Altered Rubber DuckCarmen Wing - Whoopidooings - Altered Rubber DucksI've never had five duckies all in progress at once. It was fun in a slightly stressful way... only because I was using different duckies than I usually use, they are a lot lighter and didn't take the paint so well. So there was me running out of time for Debbie's and having to apply 3 extra coats of paint than I normally would which meant 3 extra days of drying. Aargh! I prefer the weight of the other ducks I use but do like the shape of these ones. I'll have to see if I can make them a bit heavier somehow.

Mother Duck said QUACK, QUACK, QUACK and no little duckies came swimming back...

I hope they are all happy in their new homes *g*

Thanks as always for stopping by.

25 comments:

  1. Oh your ducks are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my duck--sits in pride of place on my shelf with all the other duckies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your ducks :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well they turned out great even if they were being difficult duckies. It is a pain when a supplier changes their stock on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW TAHNK YOU HONEY, THAY ARE SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are absolutely gorgeous Carmen, loving them immensely - and what a beautiful gift! I'm sure they'll raise funds for fantastic charities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping in to our shop and for adding the link on your blog for us. Your name is now in the draw so good luck. Do tell all your friends about the draw cos it will be drawn next monday and for every 20 names in the draw we are adding something extra :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your duckies. I love how you started with one, and they are definately your trademark now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these ducks a lot :0)They are cosmic :0)
    I also came to tell you that he came to visit today ... you know him ... and he left a comment ... I am in heaven :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cute. Someone is going to be very happy to receive one of them. Just adorable - like you. You are very sweet to make these for Hospice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really are lovely..I think the phrase 'fun in a slightly stressful way' will be with me forever..another LOL for me, and definitely an example of your quick and dry understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are just beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are definitely ducky Queen. I love these ducks. Your friends are definitely very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *faint* *faint* *faint* *faint* *faint* *faint*

    to be closely followed by

    *drool* *drool* *drool* *drool* *drool*

    Holy crap, these are wonderful!!! Yup, you need to get some of these ready for your Etsy shop stat! There, I said it-I meant it, your man is on my side so there! 2 against 1. Ha! :D

    Love love love love them girl! Stellar job you did!!!

    And by the way, Toot loves that duck song, we sing it with The Wiggles all the time. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S.-You did show your duckies to GA, right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are gorgeous, Carmen, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh darling these are totally adorable
    But What no desk !! or are we getting a late showing this week !!? lol
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blast!!! you've gopt me singing "Rubber Duckie" again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blast!! you've got me singing "Rubber Duckie" again!! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for commenting...these ducks are adorably amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous ducks Carmen, I feel guilty now as the 4 I bought to alter 6 months ago are sitting here staring at me, still looking like rubber ducks - yellow - I must get round to altering them
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are truely the best yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love juuuuu!

    Thanks- duckie came today and cheered me up no end! Will blog later got loads to blog but not much energy atm... at least I survived the attack of the 4 year olds this morning

    MMMWAH

    *hugs*

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...