Labyrinth Film Swap ~ Sent

Amost a month late to the day my Labyrinth makes have made their way to my swapee Megan. She has been so gracious and lovely in her wait I wouldn't blame her if she was turning the air blue. But when the Mojo abandons you - there ain't no tempting it out of it's hiding place. However - Mojo is back and this is what I sent Megan.

First of all I scratched all the dodgy painted frames off of this glass coaster set. Oh boy did that take forever and it stuck to everything, if I got an itch I ended up looking like I had a serious skin complaint - I had flakes stuck everywhere.I then rubbed down the holder and covered it in some Once Upon A Time paper and glossy accents. Each coaster then had the various images I had made up adhered to the back, also with Glossy Accents.Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Altered coasters - Labyrinth
Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Altered coasters - Labyrinth
Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Altered coasters - Labyrinth This black and white one is Devons favourite - you can't really tell in this photo but it is accented with glitter on Sarahs hair and jewellery and Jareths coat.
Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Altered coasters - Labyrinth This one I attached an ATC sized picture to the back. The stamp is a Tim Holtz one. Then picked the tree, birds and clock out with fineliner pen and then accented the clock a bit more with glitter. The background is distress ink.
Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Altered coasters - Labyrinth The box the coasters came in I covered with the DCWV Once Upon A Time papers as well and glittered the edges.I really love this set, I didn't want to send them in the end and wish I had picked up more of these coasters when I had the chance. Always the way.

I also made this picture using the Andrea Mosaic program recommended on Mary-Anne's blogWhoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Labyrinth - Goblin King MosaicPlease excuse the awful picture, no matter which way I tried I couldn't get a decent one without a massive amount of shine. That'll teach me to go Glossy Accent-tastic!

It's so effective in real life, the most time consuming part was spending a couple of days finding enough Labyrinth pictures to form the random enough mosaic effect that I was after. The frame was a mock wood effect so I inked that with several layers of black Stazon ink, added the quote and did the accenting all over. It originally had glass in it but for some reason once I finished all the accenting, it wouldn't fit back and smashed when I... ahem... applied a little pressure. My first crafting injury! I like the effect better with acetate and padding as it happens so the little bit of blood was worth it.

I also included some beautiful buttons that for me, symbolised the crystal in the film and some rather gorgeous fairy cut outs. Plus the obligatory bag of sweeties. Which I neglected to photo... no matter.

My DCWV stack that I have cherished and stroked for a good couple of years is now severely depleted but I think I waited for the right project to use it on. Saying that, if I see another stack it will be coming home with me. I still love the papers after all this time.

Thank you, as always, for stopping by.

23 comments:

  1. Oh my god! You are just so clever. You really need your own Etsy shop. Those coasters are absolutely fantastic. I wish I had half your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing pile of goodies!!! I adore the coasters!!! and I thinkt he black and white one is my fav as well!!! the mosaic picture is wonderful and I think I will have to have a go at making one!! you clever girlie you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think blood has to be spilt when you make art like that. I'm totally knowcked out by the whole thing, conception to finish, am sure that Megan will be almost tearful over her great good luck at having you as the swapper. Love that you talks about the characters by name - like I know them. I had to go and ask about David Bowie being in a fantasy movie just to make sure my eyes wer seeing right...shows how little I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowcked. It's a new word. As is using talk in the plural. Sorry, got carried away because of the enthusiasm you mojo inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous the flakey paint was definitely worth it given the fantastic finished results! Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU are So talented....I love Bowie in that film

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carmen, I like to use these girly ideas when I make furniture, you girls keep me up on the trends, this is so cool, I just made some head boards out of some old doors, I cut em in half, put em side by side and it really came out like one solid piece. Your fairy cut out thing would be a cool pattern to use with a router.
    BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant Carmen ...love all of them but the B/W is fav by a nose. The covered box just is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! Beautiful! Unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, that is stunning, you very clever lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have a great love for those OUOT papers.. took me ages to cut into them!! Your fairy cut out is fantastic and the card you made is stunning... which then leads me to the coasters... Megan is one lucky lady... even if she hdid have to wait!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic!! So original and unique.
    Oh and by the way I agree with your choice of Bill Compton - he is so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, that is so clever. They are amazing. Had I seen these for sale I've would have bought them straight away. Like Vivienne says you should consider an Etsy shop

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello Megan the lucky recipient here!
    Carmen - my swap parcel really was worth the wait and honestly i didn't mind waiting you just can't force the mojo!
    glad to hear i'm not the only one who finds it hard to use scrapbooking paper i've started buying 2 sheets at a time now so i can save one to look at {ok ok stroke!}
    thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These are amazing.I love the black and white one of Jareth and Sarah the best. This film is one of my favs, I know all the words all the way through!!What a wonderful swap to be part of.Love the fairy on the card too, you do some amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am lost for words ... not at all like me ... This is amazing art hun ... stunning ... totally ADORE it X

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so fabulous! I love, love, love them so much. I'm sure Megan will adore them all. I know what you mean about the DCWV papers, I still haven't found the right thing for mine so keep on stroking and thinking. Love your fairy card too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are AMAZING Carmen xxxxx
    your work is growing from stength to strength x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carmen thanks for taking the time to pop by my blog. With regard to my tweezers I picked these up on a stall outside my local asda for a couple of pound (they are great as they have a squared off end so easy for picking up) unfortunately it was their last day there until new year ( they move out to make way for santas grotto!!). I do know you can pick up a gift set in Boots with very similar ones and few other bits in it for about £7 (I seen them in my boots yesterday). Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so effing cool!!!! I love "Labyrinth"! I want some coasters toooo! :D I'll have to sit down and make myself a set!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found this page by googling Once Upon a Time. I know I am several years late commenting on this, but I just wanted to say that as a lover of Labyrinth and the Once Upon a Time Stack this is one of the most awesome altered art coasters I have seen in quite some time.
    They are unique and very well done.
    I happened to glance at your "About me" and saw that you are a fellow Alice Cooper fan and a reader. That is incredible. I do not think I have ever known a fellow multimedia artist who also loves reading and Alice Cooper!
    I was extremely fortunate this year when I saw on his website that he was coming to the coliseum here in Charleston, SC on his Welcome 2 My Nightmare tour. We were 8 rows from the stage, dead center! I caught one of Chuck Garric's picks. I got the concert tee, the tickets, the pick and some feathers I caught from the balloons Alice popped over the audience preserved in a memory frame hanging in my office. That was a once in a lifetime concert.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...