Amost a month late to the day my Labyrinth makes have made their way to my swapee Megan. She has been so gracious and lovely in her wait I wouldn't blame her if she was turning the air blue. But when the Mojo abandons you - there ain't no tempting it out of it's hiding place. However - Mojo is back and this is what I sent Megan.
First of all I scratched all the dodgy painted frames off of this glass coaster set. Oh boy did that take forever and it stuck to everything, if I got an itch I ended up looking like I had a serious skin complaint - I had flakes stuck everywhere.I then rubbed down the holder and covered it in some Once Upon A Time paper and glossy accents. Each coaster then had the various images I had made up adhered to the back, also with Glossy Accents.
This black and white one is Devons favourite - you can't really tell in this photo but it is accented with glitter on Sarahs hair and jewellery and Jareths coat.
This one I attached an ATC sized picture to the back. The stamp is a Tim Holtz one. Then picked the tree, birds and clock out with fineliner pen and then accented the clock a bit more with glitter. The background is distress ink.
The box the coasters came in I covered with the DCWV Once Upon A Time papers as well and glittered the edges.I really love this set, I didn't want to send them in the end and wish I had picked up more of these coasters when I had the chance. Always the way.
I also made this picture using the Andrea Mosaic program recommended on Mary-Anne's blogPlease excuse the awful picture, no matter which way I tried I couldn't get a decent one without a massive amount of shine. That'll teach me to go Glossy Accent-tastic!
It's so effective in real life, the most time consuming part was spending a couple of days finding enough Labyrinth pictures to form the random enough mosaic effect that I was after. The frame was a mock wood effect so I inked that with several layers of black Stazon ink, added the quote and did the accenting all over. It originally had glass in it but for some reason once I finished all the accenting, it wouldn't fit back and smashed when I... ahem... applied a little pressure. My first crafting injury! I like the effect better with acetate and padding as it happens so the little bit of blood was worth it.
I also included some beautiful buttons that for me, symbolised the crystal in the film and some rather gorgeous fairy cut outs. Plus the obligatory bag of sweeties. Which I neglected to photo... no matter.
My DCWV stack that I have cherished and stroked for a good couple of years is now severely depleted but I think I waited for the right project to use it on. Saying that, if I see another stack it will be coming home with me. I still love the papers after all this time.
Thank you, as always, for stopping by.