I'm pretty sure it was Debbie who introduced me to Button Dolls. I made Bette a while ago now and turned her into a fridge magnet. However she was getting a bit dusty and grubby and where I only used thin fuse wire to bind her together she was getting a bit wobbly bless her.
So last night I got a paint brush and some water, tidied her up a bit, brushed her down and got out my new bottle of Glossy Accents. Can you believe I've never used it before? I can't. I'm in love. I will need to stock up - I can see me Glossy Accenting everything in sight! Though not so much the accenting as the thick layering over anything that doesn't move.
This is Bette today - A lot sturdier, the GA has certainly stopped her being so shoogly and her wings have a lovely sheen now... somehow over the course of time her body/tail has switched sides. But I still love her just as much today as when I first made her which is why she had to be rescued from a certain dusty doom. Craig has suggested I make more as decorative hangers... he may have something there. I'm seeing lots of festive Alice's. What do you reckon? I think he may come to regret his suggestion.
They are so easy to make and so addictive. Mine was bound together with fuse wire and I just used buttons and oddments already in my stash as well as a printed photo off the internet. Her wings are made from rub-ons on acetate. I've just done a quick search and found this pretty cool tutorial which even incorporates a loopy bit at the top to form a hanger.
Devvie - always one for a short-cut - decided wire was to fiddly and made this one by sticking the buttons straight down on paper. I loved the end result and was most gutted when she sent it off as part of a Circle Journal entry.
I'm hoping by WOYWW I'll be able to show you my new craft area - all depending on Craig's patience and how annoyed he gets with assemblage. The boxes have moved though, one of them is even in the back room with me here!! Yay!
Thank you for stopping by :)