Bette the Button Fairy

Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Bette Davis Button FairyI'm pretty sure it was Debbie who introduced me to Button Dolls. I made Bette a while ago now and turned her into a fridge magnet. However she was getting a bit dusty and grubby and where I only used thin fuse wire to bind her together she was getting a bit wobbly bless her.

So last night I got a paint brush and some water, tidied her up a bit, brushed her down and got out my new bottle of Glossy Accents. Can you believe I've never used it before? I can't. I'm in love. I will need to stock up - I can see me Glossy Accenting everything in sight! Though not so much the accenting as the thick layering over anything that doesn't move.
Whoopidooings - Carmen Wing - Bette Davis Button FairyThis is Bette today - A lot sturdier, the GA has certainly stopped her being so shoogly and her wings have a lovely sheen now... somehow over the course of time her body/tail has switched sides. But I still love her just as much today as when I first made her which is why she had to be rescued from a certain dusty doom. Craig has suggested I make more as decorative hangers... he may have something there. I'm seeing lots of festive Alice's. What do you reckon? I think he may come to regret his suggestion.

They are so easy to make and so addictive. Mine was bound together with fuse wire and I just used buttons and oddments already in my stash as well as a printed photo off the internet. Her wings are made from rub-ons on acetate. I've just done a quick search and found this pretty cool tutorial which even incorporates a loopy bit at the top to form a hanger.

Devvie - always one for a short-cut - decided wire was to fiddly and made this one by sticking the buttons straight down on paper. I loved the end result and was most gutted when she sent it off as part of a Circle Journal entry.
Whoopidooings - Button Seahorse
I'm hoping by WOYWW I'll be able to show you my new craft area - all depending on Craig's patience and how annoyed he gets with assemblage. The boxes have moved though, one of them is even in the back room with me here!! Yay!

Thank you for stopping by :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen

    Just found you and had a good nose round, some great artwork. Thanks for sharing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Carmen. This is so awesome. Making a button fairy has been at the very top of my crafty to-do list but I wasn't sure where to start. Thanks for an awesome, inspiring post.

    GA is one of my favorite crafting essentials. Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Bette ... can't believe this is the first time you have used glossy accents and what on earth is Shoogly?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bette and Devon's sea horse. I might have to have a go at this. I haven't used Glossy Accents before, it does make Bette look really different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah GA. You should mail me a shopping list for the 31st - one of our 'guests' is the local shopkeeper gal!
    GREAT button dolls...Devon is incredibly artisitc huh - clearly runs in your genes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you say NEW craft area?! I'm so jealous! SHOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wings look SO great - the GA added some great dimension, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bette is very prettiful, especially now she is all glossed up. However.... shouldn't she be Belle? Belle-button... geddit?!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not really into the button thingys but I admire your work on them ... Devons version is more me lol. I do hope you get your desk by woyww but you know it will be fabby when you do and worth the wait.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't Glossy Accents just amazing!!! I "found" it this year as well and just love how quickly it drys and make things look so shiny and pretty! I'm very much looking forward to wednesday to see your desk! and crafting space. Gracie is doing well thank you :) she jumped up on the bed this morning norty girl. but at least she is feeling a little happier.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...