Thursday, 6 August 2009

Spider-Man Bowl

My sister is a real Spider-Man know-it-all. She can tell you all the different plot points that are just so wrong with the films and all the other Marvel Superhero films come to that... whether you want to hear them or not.

I saw this Etsy sellers wonderful creations and a light bulb went off in my head. 
I decided to try and create something similar for sis. Featuring ol' Spidey of course. I got a china bowl from Wilkinsons. Sorry for the angle of the picture - I had already done half the bowl and half the inside before I remembered to take one.

Then spent months were spent trawling eBay for Spider-Man comics. This was the most frustrating part as each comic would only have a couple of decent images and sometimes they would be backing each other.

I used a pva/water mixture on the earlier pictures and the more recent ones I've been using Decoupatch Glue. I'm starting to really love that stuff. I went over the whole thing with about 3 layers of Artsy Sealer. I know I don't need to when I've used the Decoupatch but I prefer the finish of the Artsy sealer.

So here is the finished key/coin bowl. I hope she likes it, it's only 7 months late after all - I love it but can I be arsed to make a Wonder Woman one for me?... eh no!
Whoopidooings: Carmen Wing Spider-Man decoupaged BowlWhoopidooings: Carmen Wing Spider-Man decoupaged BowlWhoopidooings: Carmen Wing Spider-Man decoupaged BowlWhoopidooings: Carmen Wing Spider-Man decoupaged BowlWhoopidooings: Carmen Wing Spider-Man decoupaged BowlWhoopidooings: Carmen Wing Spider-Man decoupaged Bowl
I have to really thank Jenny for answering my plea in the wish section of UKS , she saved the sanity of everyone in the house by sending me 3 comics last week. Not saying that I can be a pain when crafty things aren't working out the way I want or anything...

I must also say a big massive thank-you to Zoe for also answering my wish yesterday. She is sending me some Spidey papers. Now to get my thinking cap on for this years Christmas present.

Thank you for stopping by :)

28 comments:

  1. That is fantastic, my OH is a bit of a Spidey nut too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO AWESOME. H-happies. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea for a gift! It is lovely and so professional looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you ...its absolutely brilliant and I am sure your sis will LOVE it.
    Did you do anything to the bowl before you began to stick the paper on? ...I've done wood and plastic items in the past but never china.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What make more work? No I just started sticking straight to the bowl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats brilliant, glad I could be of some help! If I had the patients I would make one too, but don't think I have. Well Done!! - Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it, this is awesome, what a fantastic sister you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what an awesome idea! I have all sorts of xmas pressie ideas now! Am thinking old music pages and book pages would look cool too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Carmen, you just keep amazing me with your talents. We will all have to start putting in orders. You could have your own Etsy shop with all your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowsers. Another fabulous make. Looks brilliant. I agree with Viv - you definately definately could have your very own Etsy shop, girly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really cool :) And i'm sure your sis will love it after all the hard work u have put in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a fab gift..she'll love it. Your dedication to trawling ebay and stuff for comics is deeply impressive. Soes your sister have something on you?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats great, your sister will love it, what a great idea.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Re Scones ...forgot to answer ...yes it IS milk that has just turned. If you cant bear the thought add some lemon juice to the milk you are going to use and leave it for an hour. Scones were baked to use up the old milk ... in the days of 'waste not want not'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. now that is one fabby idea, I love it... I have a bowl hmmm I need papers... going for a rummage

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG thats so gab abd what a lovely sister you are to go to that bother.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous Carmen Im sure she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that's just fantastic. There's nothing better than a homemade gift, it shows that you not only care but that you also really understand them... the fact that you're extremly good at it is just a huge bonus! Can't wait to see your next project.
    Ness
    http://naughty-nessie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic, you've done a great job! I prefer yours over the etsy one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic! your sis will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have done a great job she is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really cool. I wonder what would happen if you put cornflakes in it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carmen, you did a FABULOUS job on that bowl! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it! Great idea Carmen. I hope she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, this is absolutely fantastic!!

    Thank you for entering my Gorjuss Girls candy - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now thats cool! My son would love that! What a great idea! (in case your wondering where I came from, I found you off your Cosmo Cricket blog comment)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cool Carmen! Could you also use modpodge? Does it give it a waterproof finish?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Belated reply - to be honest I have never in my life used Mod Podge. I keep meaning to try it. The one I made is definitely not waterproof I shouldn't think.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...