Clicker Clacker

I've always loved these toys. I used to have one and all my kids have had one at some point. I don't know the proper name for them which has made finding a tutorial on how to make them pretty hard. I know someone on UKS put up a tutorial a year or two ago because I remember commenting on it. But can I find it now? 

My name for these has always been clicker clackers. I finally took some pictures of Ruby's one when we went to Hastings last time (it lives in Nanna's toy box) and did a rough sketch on how it's put together. Last night I decided to have a bash at making one for my entry into the Fiskarettes comp. If, like me, you thought you had to use Fiskar stuff to be eligible to enter the comp ... well that isn't the case. Please check it out or we could be in danger of losing a great comp for good.

The theme is Summertime and when Phoebe realised what I was up to she claimed this one so it was pretty easy then to just find some summertime photos of her.
The blocks are hinged and fold this way and that way and up and down - forming a different picture each time. I hope these pictures give you some idea ;)

I'm going to go around the edges in gold paint and have learnt a few things for next time... don't put the pictures so close together on the joins and don't use red card for the hinges ;) But for my first attempt or a 'prototype' as Craig calls it, I'm pretty pleased. Showed my Dad earlier (ran out of photo paper so went round on the scrounge) and he seemed impressed, which for him is a compliment indeed. 

Edited to add: Hahaaaaa. Good old Photobucket. Here we go, there's no fancy music BUT we have moving images! Woohoo!


Thank you for all your lovely comments. I've cobbled together a tutorial of sorts for those that asked. Just click here :)

16 comments:

  1. Hi :-) I discovered your blog today I enjoyed reading it and had added you to my follow list
    Please make a vampire duck. Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fun ... I dont remember them so I'm finding it hard to visualise them. GREAT idea for the challenge though.
    Do not know what is wrong with blogger but your previous post only came up when this one did ...iyswim .. so I would like to say what amazing pis you took at Tescos xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ...... that should read PICS ....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, have made a card 2D version, we used to call them never ending bricks! Absolutely brilliant and thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carmen this is fab! You're a bit of a techno thingy really aren't you - fancy being able to work this out!! EK Success have blank ones in their product range but I was even scared to have a run at it already made for me!! It looks great, and if that's a prototype, bring on production!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey girl - you are clever! I am so impressed. I like to scrap, but I never make anything else, but you are making me want to create!!

    I just read your comment on my blog - I gave up on the same book! I read about 50 pages of the Ghosts of Sleath and just couldn't go on and I love James Herbert. I started reading them when I found his Rat books were set in High Beach where I used to live.

    I have made a scrap page this week and started another, so yay me! I will actually have something creative to show on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh I love those too. Yours is fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back to be brim full of admiration - the video of those lovely clean, gentle hands is amazing! Oh and the clacker as you know, is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Julia *flutters eyelashes* They are my hands. Devons are the ones in the bottom 2 piccies - she has lovely long nails where mine are really short :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I know what it is ...great video ...now where are the instructions.lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did good Carmen. H-happies, joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carmen, that is amazing! Instructions please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this sort of thing.... i covered a rubics cupe with B&W photos but easier to mess up never to be able to see the right pics again unless you know how to do the rubics cube(i dont)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are wonderful! will have to come back another time to watch the video. Would love to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are amazing!

    Love Viks
    www.postpals.co.uk - post a smile on a sick child's face

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks fabby Carmen.
    You've been tagged ...check out my blog for details x

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...