Monday, 13 July 2009

Cupcake Duckie

She's here...  And she's very pink! Devvie says she loves her and that's the main thing. Blimey but she almost makes my teeth ache she is so pink.
Carmen Wing - Whoopidooings - Altered Rubber Duck
Carmen Wing - Whoopidooings - Altered Rubber Duck
She was another duckie to give me grief. I did a layer of cupcake napkins using Decopatch glue to layer on the shredded cupcake pictures. However it dried almost see-through so where Duckie was so brightly coloured underneath you could barely see the cupcakes. I painted over this layer with pink So Soft fabric paint and left her to dry and then tried again which was a much better result. I don't like the texture of the Decopatch when it is dry so went over it all with sealer to leave a glossy finish. Then just added blinginess for her eyes and a purple bow to try and tone the pink down a bit - didn't really work did it? 

9 comments:

  1. Oh I just love her..... I would like on in pink too please

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those napkins and never in a kerjillion years would I have thought of using them for this!!! Brilliant. And thanks for the expl. about Devon, bless her. Am feeling a bit thick now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a cupcake duckie. You need to run a comp on here and give one of these gorgeous duckies away. There may be a couple of us reading The Host together, you are welcome to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet ... great addition to your family. Now all I have to do is ....get some Duck Mojo.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing can ever be too pink! It's gorgeous, and would fit in very well in my pink kitchen :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful Carmen, I expect you could cover plastic toys too! Not tried it yet. I have tried a layer of white acrylic paint but it starts to crackle like distress paint when you put too much glue on. Will try painting over the first layer next time.

    If you want the bling another colour I have found out that sharpies on bling works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should definitely sell these, they're great!!

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...