Bette Davis ATC

I've joined an ATC swap for a challenge over on the  cardmaking thread on MSE... though how our hobby could ever be classed as money saving is beyond me ;)
The only stipulation was that the ATC had to include noses. So this is my entry to be posted off to MSE user THE-WIFE tomorrow.
Bette Davis Angel Mixed Media ATC by Carmen Wing (whoopidooings.blogspot.co.uk)

Her wings are rub-ons on acetate and are held on by her bow which is threaded through the back of the ATC (and her shoulderblades) and knotted through the wing bases. The background is tons of inking and rub-ons ;) I was quite pleased how her shadow came out - this was done using the cut out waste from the photo as a stencil and inking over it in a couple of different shades.

I must admit anything I make with Bette Davis or Alice Cooper on, I'm sad to see leave and this is another.  I definitely feel like I'm finding 'my' style anyway.
Below is my ATC received from THE-WIFE - I love her interpretation of 'noses' and that old advert.

Many thanks for stopping by today :)

17 comments:

  1. I love your ATC - Its fab.
    Never done anything like this myself so am always amazed.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief - you mean you aren't brimful of confidence about your stuff? It's marvellous, always. The atc is actually art...you should be charging for it. Then they'd understand a bit more about the cost of the craft!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I totally forgot to say....ofr goodness sake just let me know about the foam size - I want to help, it's more trouble to find it than it is to measure it cut and send it, so really no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ATC ... I am loving those wings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ATC and the one from The Wife too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous ATCs both yours and the wifes! Love the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ...that is an amazing ATC. Those wings are very clever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that is amazing. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ATC!!! loving the wings! I have left a little something for you on my blog. Px

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats just gorgeous, hope the recipient loves it as much as we all seem to.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carmen - your Craig needs to take some Diazapan, your doctor will prescribe it. I am absolutely scared stiff of flying yet I refuse to let it stop me, so after years of trying different things the doctor prescribed these and now I fly completely spaced out but happy! There are lots of fab challenges around the blogging world at the moment and they are a nice wayt to meet other book bloggers. We should really swap emails, I think it would be easier. Here is mine - vivienne_dacostaathotmail.com.(Just change the at to @.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that ATC Carmen, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. God Carmen, your stuff gets more and more stunning with every blog post. Seriously, you are one talented gal! I'm very envious. And I'm going to steal your idea of googling for images and make myself a little folder on my computer of lovely things I can use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, great ATC and I LOVE the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very classy ATC's, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. its a beautiful ATC one of the best ive seen xxx Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, so that's what an ATC is! Cool.

    I think I'll need to make some of my own.

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...