Coraline Duckie

This is my project for the Coraline Copy+Paste challenge - this duckie is inspired by the super-de-duper film Coraline which I hope to go and see again soon before it leaves the cinema - it was absolutely fabby in 3D and now one of my favourite films.Carmen Wing - Whoopidooings - Altered Rubber Duck - CoralineCarmen Wing - Whoopidooings - Altered Rubber Duck - CoralineI feel like Duckie is not quite complete but not sure what to add - I'm leaning towards some paper butterflies around her head. What do you think? She just looks bald to me - Craig says I have this nervous tic unless every spare inch of space is covered with something! He might be right. For once - har har! 

You might be pleased to know I've run out of ducks and if I nick any more of Ruby's she might suspect that I, her beloved Mummy, am in fact the phantom duck napper. However I am visiting Craigs parents in Hastings tomorrow and I know for sure there is an ELC there... 

Thanks for stopping by :)

19 comments:

  1. It is a great inspirational film isn't it? I mean - it inspired a blue-beaked, button eyed, skull feathered duck ....not many films can boast that!!!

    Fab response to our challenge - thanks so much for playing along.

    Maybe all that's missing is a companion for this one ... the 'other' duckie? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks pretty cool....... but maybe some black feathers on her head???

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best duck yet ... doesn't need anything. However IF you are determined to fill a space ... maybe a small spider towards the back of its head.??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ducky looks good. What will you cover now the ducks are finished?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute!!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks great. Eyelashes???? I dunno. I can't do altered - I don't have the skill of knowing when to stop...which extends to everything..talking in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ducks - they are ace, showed my hubby and he said two of them were angry ducks and I said "no, she's an Alice Cooper fan" and to prove it I showed him the little bit of your profile at the top - he said they made total sense now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one rocking ducky, I'm gonna have to get me some ducks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am in love with your duckies but have no idea where to start with making my own, they are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea! Love what you've done with it already, maybe a little cotton wool hair, 'gelled up' with PVA glue or something? I dunno!
    I'll definitely be checking back to see how you finished it! :)
    (Thanks for the comment too! <3)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Especially those little webs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute!! what a fab idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wicked Duck Carmen, loved the film and love the duck now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que bonito! I love it as is! Congratulations for your work!
    A hug from Madrid, Spain

    ReplyDelete
  15. IF YOU HAVE TOOOO, try a crown of black feathers with some butterflies, put it on her head for awhile to see if that's what you like. Happy happies. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah. So you're the duck lady? Alice Cooper and Tatoo-ed ducks, it all makes sense now! Thanks for stopping by the blog today Carmen. I'll be back to visit - I'm curious what you'll be 'metalling' up next. How about something Type O Negative? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your Coraline duck, I am still to see the film hopefully I will get around to it soon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mum you really are a funky duck.Always creating new ones.Cant stop at all

    ReplyDelete
  19. phoebedoodles7 May 2011 at 15:44

    Mum you really are a funky duck.Always creating new ones.Cant stop at all

    ReplyDelete

Of all the blogs in all the towns, in all of cyber space, you landed on mine...

"Say your right words" the goblins said...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...